"Hello and Welcome"
My name is Dawn. I am a friendly, warm and compassionate person. I feel a deep level of empathy, enabling me to listen and connect to whatever is on your mind.
I am very open minded, impartial and accepting. I value everyone for who they are.
I deeply care and feel passionate about the work that I do. I am committed to providing the best service to help you move forward with your life and support you on your journey of self-discovery.
I understand how difficult taking the first step to counselling may feel and I am honoured that you have considered taking that step with me.
I understand the huge impact difficulties and challenges have on physical, emotional and mental well-being. It may feel debilitating and restricting, where your life is controlled daily by these difficulties. The smallest of things in your life may have suddenly become one of your biggest tasks and challenges.
Sometimes expressing words can be difficult and this may stop people from seeking help. I work creatively which may feel easier than talking. I use visual and creative ways to help verbalise any difficult and painful unspoken words. This is a great way to express your emotions, process any complex feelings and find comfort.
I offer counselling to help with:
- Depression and low mood.
- Attachment difficulties.
- Loss and Bereavement.
- Life changes and transitions.
- Relationship problems.
- Emotional distress and suicidal thoughts.
- Work related difficulties.
- Self esteem/confidence issues.
- Trauma/ PTSD.
- Self Harm.
-CPCAB Level 5 Advanced Certificate Counselling Children & Young People.
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills.
- Intergrated Counselling Approach
- IARTT The Rewind Therapy Technique
- Level 1-4 Safeguarding Children
- Level 1-3 Safeguarding Adults