Hello and Welcome
My name is Dawn. I am a friendly, warm and compassionate person. I feel a deep level of empathy, enabling me to listen and connect to whatever is on your mind. I am very open minded, impartial and accepting. I value everyone for who they are.
I deeply care and feel passionate about the work that I do. I am committed to providing the best service to help you move forward with your life and support you on your journey of self-discovery.
I understand how difficult taking the first step to counselling may feel and I am honoured that you have considered taking that step with me.
My counselling practice is based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. I am based close to the M1 motorway, Dearne Valley parkway and local train station.
I have experience of Counselling within different NHS settings and Primary and Secondary Schools.
I have a particular interest working with depression, anxiety, self-esteem, self-harm and suicide. I understand the huge impact this has on physical, emotional and mental well-being. It may feel debilitating and restricting, where your life is controlled daily by these difficulties. The smallest of things in your life may have suddenly become one of your biggest tasks and challenges. Together we can look at positive ways forward to help you manage this, looking at triggers, unhelpful patterns, coping mechanisms and practical ways to take control of your life.
Sometimes expressing words can be difficult and this may stop people from seeking help. I work creatively which may feel easier than talking. I use visual and creative ways to help verbalise any difficult and painful unspoken words. This is a great way to express your emotions, process any complex feelings and find comfort.
This will help to you to understand and eliminate any emotional roadblocks, enhance a greater awareness of yourself and learn how to communicate more positively with yourself and others.
I offer counselling to help with
- Depression and low mood.
- Loss and Bereavement.
- Infant and baby loss.
- Life changes and transitions.
- Relationship problems.
- Emotional distress and thoughts.
- Work related difficulties.
- Self esteem/confidence issues.
- Palliative and End of Life.
- Self Harm.
- Integrated person-centred approach.
- Walking and Talking Therapy.
- Telephone and Online Counselling (accredited by NCS).
- Cruse Bereavement : Loss and Bereavement.
- Counselling Bereaved during Covid-19 Pandemic.
- End of Life Diploma.
- Grief and Bereavement Diploma.
- Addiction Diploma.
- Pregnancy and Infant loss.
- Child sex abuse.
- Trauma and shame.
- Dissociation and DID.
- Working with Suicide and Harm.
- Mens Mental Health training.
- Helping young people manage low mood and depression during Covid-19.
- Anxiety in Children and Young People during Covid-19.
- Data Protection/GDPR.
- Safeguarding Adults Levels 1-4.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Levels 1-3.
- CPCAB Level 5 Advanced Certificate Counselling Children and Young People (On going)
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills.
I am a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and an Accredited Member with the National Counselling Society(NCS).
I undertake continual professional development and
engage in regular clinical supervision in line with BACP & NCS.
I have a current enhanced DBS.
GDPR compliant : Registered with ICO.